We are of a view that the following schemes should be adopted, studied, protected and pursued to enhance the London-wide and M25 public transport network. We welcome people to join in membership and help usher things along please.
Do you agree:…?
- Gospel Oak-Barking Line (GOB) services should be integrated with existing London services and lines more?
- The GOB Network should extend westwards via the Carlton Road Junction crossing over the Midland Main Line Tracks to new platforms west side at West Hampstead Railway Station and Interchange?
- That GOB Network should extend west of West Hampstead via the Dudding Hill Lines, with new halt local stations at various locations in metro style to Acton and run on to Heathrow, Windsor, Guildford, Marlow and integrate with Crossrail at Old Oak Common?
- That GOB Network should extend eastwards to integration with lines to Purfleet, Grays, Chalfont Hundred, Tilbury and Southend Central?
- That a new Thames Tunnel between Purfleet and Grays be implemented to link north and south Thames Estuary Lines including (South) Slade Green, Barnehurst, Crayford and Dartford?
- That a new rail link between Rayleigh and Pitsea along the/parallel to A13, A130, A1245 for Thames Estuary – Southend Airport Corridor access without recourse to Central London for example and Southend Victoria? e.g. Woolwich-Southend would be possible.
- That Light Rapid Transits (LRT) Networks alias ‘Tram-lines’ (!) should be allowed to organically grow North, South, East, West and Central London via local planning systems?
- That LRT should include Cricklewood-Brent Cross-Muswell Hill-Alexandra Palace Station—Redbridge-Walthamstow , New Cross-Lewisham-Crystal Palace-Mitcham and Wimbledon Croydon Tramway in compatible systems terms eventually joined up network?
- That Docklands should be extended from the Bank to Aldwych and onwards to loop round to Moorgate-Tottenham integration?
- That London Underground Lines should be extended:
- Edgware-Stanmore-Watford Junction,
- Barnet-London Colney-new station at Napsbury (South of St Albans) with M25 Junction Park and Ride Stations integrated?
- Cockfosters-Potters Bar?
- Central Line: Epping-Potters-Harlow-Stansted and back via Ongar in a loop and integrating main stations and places en route including M11 Park and Ride Interchange Station south of Harlow?
That there should be:..?
- New station on London Overground’s North London Line at North Acton (interchange with LT Central Line and possibly East-West Crossrail)
- New station on London Overground’s West London Line at Battersea
- LT Northern Line extension to Battersea (area under redevelopment – also close to Dogs’ Home)
- Carlton Road Junction (Kentish Town) and St. Pancras links to Gospel Oak – Barking line – passenger projection survey for inclusion into Thameslink network? E.g. Sutton Loop, remodel Blackfriars to 4 tracks and 3 platforms with lifts and escalators to ground level access and exit for more capacity?
- Passenger use for redundant goods lines in Barking area – close to Barking Riverside development – again tram-trains and extend Docklands to Thurrock Shopping Centre?
- More disabled access for both LT and National Rail stations, particularly on London Overground stations.
- Outer Circle Railway for London which must include Heathrow Airport and Watford-Colne Valley- Heathrow ‘Thameslink/Hounslow’ subterranean style station – link with the Staines and South London Lines.
- Chessington Line extension to Leatherhead.
- Crossrail to Windsor & Eton Central
- For curves to be installed to link Dorking West and Dorking Deepdene for Redhill-Dorking and Dorking Deepdene-Guildford integrated services and networking by rail.
What you can do: If you agree with any or all of what we are expressing here you can:
- Let us know which suggestions listed here you particularly welcome or provide us with any other feedback, please see Contact Us page
- Join ERTA – every member helps make us a louder shout for more of what we may wish for. Please see Membership page for more information.
- Offer time and talent – if you want to get involved we have volunteer opportunities and whilst we welcome reliability and enthusiasm, we welcome any special focus’ or skills. Please see Get Involved (Volunteering) page for more information.